Associate in Science in Office Administration
The Associate in Science in Office Administration is designed to prepare students to work in an office environment using computers and software packages. The program also prepares students to work in various levels of an office support professional such as an office assistant, business information worker, and executive secretary.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will gain skills needed to work in an office environment.
To earn this degree, students must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 degree applicable units with an overall GPA of 2.0.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester units in the major with a grade of C (or P) or better.
- Completion of the AS Graduation Requirements, CSU GE-B or IGETC
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Courses:
|COU 012||Careers and Life Styles (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 078B||Business Communications (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 010C||Computer Keyboarding Speed and Accuracy (1.0 Lab)||1.0|
|CAP 013||Ten-Key Numeric Keypad (1.0 Lab)||1.0|
|CAP 033A||Word Processing - Course 1 (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 033B||Word Processing - Course 2 (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 021||Introduction to Business Computing (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 046D||Introduction to Microsoft Powerpoint (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 062B||Introduction to Microsoft Excel (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 081B||Introduction to Microsoft Access (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
Plus 11.0 to 13.0 units from the following
|ACC 001A||Financial Accounting (4.0 Lecture)||4.0|
|BUS 051||Introduction to American Business (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 118||Human Resources Management (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 046E||Intermediate Microsoft Powerpoint (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 063B||Intermediate Microsoft Excel (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|CAP 045A||Introductory Microsoft Project (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 092A||Fundamentals of Web 2.0 & Cloud Technologies (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|CAP 097A||Creating Web Pages - Course 1 (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
Required Units for the Major
|Required unts for the major||31.0-33.0|
|plus completion of general education requirements
and electives as needed to reach 60 units.
|Total required units||60.0|
Career opportunities include the following: business information worker, executive secretary, and executive administrative assistant.