Business Computing - Certificate
The Certificate of Achievement in Business Computing is designed to prepare students with the necessary computing skills to work in business. This program requires successful completion of 16 or more units of coursework, as outlined below. Upon successful completion, the program is noted on the student’s college transcript in the certificate/honors section, informing future employers, admissions offices to colleges, and professional institutions that the student has received specialized training in business computing. Students will learn the skills and knowledge necessary to work with operating systems, create spreadsheets, generate reports, and manage files.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will apply information system terms and concepts.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use a spreadsheet, word processing and presentation program.
To earn this certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Curriculumn Courses:
Plus at least 11.0 units from the following:
|CAP 045A||Introductory Microsoft Project (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 045B||Intermediate Microsoft Project (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|CAP 046D||Introduction to Microsoft Powerpoint (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 046E||Intermediate Microsoft Powerpoint (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 062B||Introduction to Microsoft Excel (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 063B||Intermediate Microsoft Excel (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|CIS 001||Introduction to Computer Science and Technology (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 007||Python Programming (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 051||Introduction to Data Analysis (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 055||Database Management Systems I (2.5 Lecture/0.5 Lab)||3.0|
|CIT 011||Introduction to Computer Hardware and Software ( A+) (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 012||Introduction to Networking (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|Total Required Units||18.0-21.0|
Career opportunities include the following: office clerk, administrative assistant, help desk technician, and analyst.