Office Information Systems - Certificate
The Certificate of Achievement in Office Information Systems is designed for students who plan to seek employment in an automated business setting. Students will learn to develop the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed on the job. This program prepares students for a variety of positions in the modern business office, and may also increase the student’s potential for advancement.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of computer skills and application software.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of other office skills.
To earn this certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Courses:
|COU 012||Careers and Life Styles (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 078B||Business Communications (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 033A||Word Processing - Course 1 (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 033B||Word Processing - Course 2 (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 021||Introduction to Business Computing (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|CAP 046D||Introduction to Microsoft Powerpoint (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 062B||Introduction to Microsoft Excel (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 070||Using MS Windows (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 081B||Introduction to Microsoft Access (1.0 Lecture)||1.0|
|CAP 092A||Fundamentals of Web 2.0 & Cloud Technologies (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
|CAP 092B||Google Apps for Personal Productivity (2.0 Lecture)||2.0|
Plus three (3) units from the following:
|Total Required Units||26.0|
Career opportunities include the following: executive secretary, and executive administrative assistant.