Computer Information Systems - Certificate
The Computer Information Systems Certificate of Achievement prepares students to work in the information systems field. Depending on the course track selected, students either gain a general ability in computer programming or specialize in programming for mobile devices, the Linux systems, database programming or web development.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Students will apply software development techniques that use the correct syntax and semantics of a programming language to write the source code to implement and test/debug a specified design.
- Students will use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
To earn this certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Courses: Select two (2) courses
Elective Courses: Eight (8) units total with a minimum of six (6) units of CIS courses and a maximum of two (2) work experience (WRK 300GW) units
|CIS 008||Advanced Python Programming (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 033||Robotics and Embedded System (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 037A||Introduction to C Programming (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 039||Introduction to Computer Systems and Assembly Language (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 040||C++ Programming (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 044||Intro to Data Structures Using Java (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 045||Linux Essentials I (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 047||Linux System Administration (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 051||Introduction to Data Analysis (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 055||Database Management Systems I (2.5 Lecture/0.5 Lab)||3.0|
|CIS 056||Database Management Systems II (2.5 Lecture/0.5 Lab)||3.0|
|CIS 060||Mobile Apps Programming - iOS (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIS 063||Mobile Apps Programming - Android (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|WRK 300GW||Work Experience||1.0-2.0|
|Total Required Units||16.0-18.0|
Career opportunities include the following: computer programmer, programmer analyst, system analyst, software quality assurance analyst, and software developer.