Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - Certificate
The Certificate of Achievement in Cisco Certified Network Administration (CCNA) is designed to provide the knowledge and skills needed to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small-to-medium size enterprise branch network, which includes connecting to multiple WANs, basic security measures, and wireless extension of the network. This program prepares students for the globally-recognized Cisco CCNA certification.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will install, operate, and troubleshoot medium-sized routed and switched networks.
- Students will implement and troubleshoot various protocols to manage addressing, perform load balancing and authentication.
- Students will establish and troubleshoot connection to service provider over WAN.
To earn this certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Courses:
Elective Courses: Select one (1)
|CIT 011||Introduction to Computer Hardware and Software ( A+) (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 012||Introduction to Networking (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 013||AWS 1 Cloud Practitioner- Foundational (2.5 Lecture/0.5 Lab)||3.0|
|CIT 014||AWS 2 Solutions Architect- Associate (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 016||CyberSecurity and Ethical Hacking (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 017||Cyber Security Essentials (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 018||CCNA Cyber Security Operations (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 024||Implementing and Administering Cisco Networking Technologies (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 078||Microsoft Server Essentials 1 (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|Total Required Units||16.0|
Career opportunities include the following: computer technician, system administrator, network technician, network engineer.