IT Help Desk Technician Certificate of Achievement
The goal of the Certificate of Achievement in IT helpdesk technician is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills required for a variety of entry level positions in the field IT support. The program includes foundation courses that aligned with industry certificates and a wide range of skill-builder courses.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will install, configure and support computing devices and software.
- Students will connect, maintain and support computing devices on a network.
- Students will advise and support users in their IT needs.
To earn this certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required certificate courses with a C (or P) or better.
- Complete at least 1/3 of the program courses at Mission College to establish residency.
- Requirements here apply to the current catalog year and are subject to change. Visit DegreeWorks in My Mission Portal to view requirements based your catalog year.
- Not all classes are offered each semester.
Required Core Curriculumn Courses (12.0 units):
Elective Courses (minimum of 6.0 units):
Students can take any combination of the following courses.
|CIT 017||Cyber Security Essentials (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 078||Microsoft Server Essentials 1 (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|CIT 021||Cisco Network Fundamentals (CISCO-1) (3.0 Lecture/1.0 Lab)||4.0|
|BUS 078B||Business Communications (3.0 Lecture)||3.0|
|BUS 021L||Introduction to Business Computing Laboratory (1.0 Lab)||1.0|
|WRK 300GW||Work Experience||1.0-4.0|
|Total Required Units||18.0 - 20.0|
Career opportunities include the following: Project Coordinator, Junior Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager and Associate Project Manager.